Montag, 4. Juni 2012

Kalahari Desert

After a good night's sleep, finally got on the road, towards the Kalahari Desert, leaving Windhoek on the main road to the south. Passing several mountains/hills (hard to tell as Windhoek already is on about 1600m) and rock formations. Mainly bushland, some trees. My first monkey was sitting on the side of the road. Unfortunately also my only one so far... After about 2 hours I decided to leave the main road and take my first gravel road into the Kalahari. Very soon the first red sand dunes appeared, the road passing over one after the other. Didn't expect so many birds here in the desert, but they have built huge nests in the trees. Due to the wind I hardly felt the sun burning, but thermometer showed above 30 degree. Finally reached my destination for the night, the Kalahari Farmhouse. In the middle of the dessert a small oasis with palms, a small vineyard, pigs, cows, sheep, glashouses to grow vegetables,... Let's see what dinner brings. And also the night (acc. to the owner it was about 0 degree here last night), but I do have heating in my little cottage.


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen